You’ve done the training. You’ve practiced. You’ve searched for Jobs, but have come up empty handed.
Here is my list of the Top 5 Things You NEED to do to land your dream job!
- The Resume that puts other resumes to shame. A resume is just as important as your skills and training. If you can’t write a resume that is direct and to the point, you’re finished. Remember, you’re not dealing with technical managers at first. You usually meet with a non-technical interviewer. You’re second interview may be with a Technical Manager.
- Dress to Impress. When showing up for your interview, do not look like you were out drinking with friends the night before and just rolled out of bed. Men, you should wear a suite and tie. Women, a nice business suite/dress. For both men and women, you’re appearance speaks volumes about you. Look sharp, but not over the top.
- Direct Eye contact. Direct eye contact with your interviewer is very important. You have nothing to be ashamed about, or nervous about.
- Speak clearly. Speaking clearly, and directly will improve your chances of success. Be sure to speak at a normal pace, and with passion, but not over the top. Fast talkers, or jittery talkers, you should practice mock interviews with people you feel comfortable with, like family members or your significant other.
- Last but not least. Be Early! It shows dedication, professionalism, and speaks volumes about what kind of employee you will be. But there is a catch, being too early can have the same effect.
If you are interested in the potential for a career coaching course, where we will go over in detail how to go above and beyond these Top 5 Things You Need to get your Dream Job, we will be offering a course on that soon. Be sure to subscribe to this blog to receive the email update when that course rolls out.?